Are you interested in signing up your child for dance lessons? If you’ve never done this before, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about dance classes for kids at Dance Academy USA.
At what age can I sign up my child for dance classes?
The youngest dancers at Dance Academy USA are 2.5 to 3 years old. At this age, children can enroll in Creative Dance, which introduces them to ballet, tap and acrobatics.
We also offer Intro to Dance for 4- to 6-year-olds. This class introduces youngsters to basic dance vocabulary, teaches dance class etiquette, and develops coordination and strength.
Ballet/tap and ballet/jazz combo classes are another introduction class for children ages 6 to 8.
What style of dance should I choose for my child?
Combination classes are a great place to start if your child is younger than 8. After gaining a little experience with different styles, your child will be better able to narrow down their preferences once they reach 7 or 8 years old. At that point, you can choose to enroll them in the following:
If you’re not sure what class is the best fit for your child, contact us – we would be glad to help!
How do I find a dance academy near me?
As you look for a place to enroll your child, call up different dance studios near San Jose and ask the following questions:
- What styles of dance do you offer?
- What qualifications do your instructors have?
- What is the student-to-teacher ratio in each class?
- Are the dance floors cushioned?
- Can my child perform on a competition team?
- How many performances are there per year?
- Can my child and I watch a lesson before signing up?
How much do dance classes for kids cost?
Dance is an investment in your child’s creative development, mental health and physical well-being. Here are some of the costs you can expect:
- Monthly tuition: A one-hour class per week costs $86 per month. Each additional hour is available at a discounted rate.
- Dance attire: Children must wear appropriate clothing based on the dress code for their class. This may include a leotard and tights for girls, a T-shirt and sweatpants or shorts for boys, and dance shoes appropriate for the style of dance they’re taking.
- Membership fee: Each family pays $50 per year when re-enrolling in classes every fall.
- Recital fees: Parents must purchase costumes for their dancers and tickets to attend performances. Photo packages and DVDs are optional.
For answers to your remaining questions about our studio, or to enroll your child in dance classes for kids, please contact Dance Academy USA at (408) 257-3211 or email us at email@example.com.